8 Homemade Face Packs To Pamper And Rejuvenate Your Tired Skin
“You look so tired!” Have you been hearing this a lot lately from your friends, colleagues and everybody else you meet? Your tired skin is giving away too many secrets. Life has been particularly hectic for you recently and you haven’t been able to take much of a breather, let alone pamper your skin. Now your skin looks dry, parched and there isn’t any glow on your face. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, what you should be doing is giving your skin a lot of tender loving care. After all, your skin deserves to be pampered and rejuvenated every now and then,right? So here is how you can look fresh and glowing again. It isn’t very difficult, just a little effort and you will be sorted.
13 Proven Facts to Drive Away Tiredness
If you look fatigued and look like you could do with a few hours of sleep, that means you are bone-tired and making a few lifestyle changes is the need of the hour. Yes, it is not always what you apply on your face but also how you lead your life. If you go for a party, return late, forget to remove your makeup, get only a couple of hours sleep, and get up early in the morning, you cannot expect to look all fresh and dewy, do you? It’s the very reason you need to follow certain norms to look fresh as a daisy and appear all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- Get eight hours of sleep- Yes, that’s the first and most important one. If you want to look all bright and alert for your next day meeting, make sure you don’t compromise on your sleep. A good seven to eight hours of sleep is absolutely necessary . If you get the requisite amount of rest, you won’t have to press the snooze button and feel the need to sleep for ten minutes more, you will feel refreshed, rejuvenated and raring to go. You will be amazed to know what undisrupted eight hours of sleep can do to your body, it is the best way to detox and revive tired skin.
- Drink plenty of water- Dehydration is your skin’s worst enemy. Drinking water is the best way to revive tired skin. Just don’t wait till you are thirsty. Keep sipping on water, and sometimes when you get those sudden unexplained hunger pangs, instead of stuffing your face with what meets your eye, try drinking a glass of water first. It is said that when you are dehydrated, you mistake it for hunger, but actually, all your body really wants, is hydration. Try it on yourself! Drink up a liter of water as soon as you wake. As you flush out all unwanted toxins, you look full of vim and vigor.
- The ice treatment- A quick pick me up skin trick would be to rub ice on your face. It keeps the blood circulation going and adds a certain degree of brightness to your skin.
- Exercise- Do not forget to sweat it up at the gym, at the park or at your humble abode. You could always do with an extra dose of endorphins or happy hormones. Yes, exercise does that to your face. Just check your mirror after you go through an extra grueling session of workouts. There is an unmistakable rosy hue on your face. If you are asking yourself how to brighten your skin, just exercise, that’s the most inexpensive way of brightening your skin.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables- If you increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, you will be amazed to see how your skin perks up like never before. It has something to do with the fresh antioxidants you add to your system. It revives not only your skin, but your entire body.
- Pamper your skin at night- Your skin needs hydration and a good quality night cream can provide that. Apply the cream lightly on your face, and you will notice your happy skin glow like never before.
- A massage to invigorate your skin- Yes, a massage revives your skin like no other. The gentle strokes keep the circulation going, adding perkiness to your skin.
- Never forget the CTC route- Wondering what CTC is? Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Yes, if you want your skin to look gorgeous and glowing always, you need to cleanse your skin properly, apply a toner and use a moisturizer according to your skin type. This immediately perks up your tired skin.
- Exfoliation is the key- You have to remove the dead skin cells that accumulate on your skin regularly. If you don’t remove those dead skin cells by using a natural scrub, the skin is all the more likely to look dull and tired.
- Depending too much on caffeine- Are you hooked on to your caffeine fix? Gulping down too much of tea and coffee can dehydrate your skin, making you look fatigued all the time. It is said that for every cup of coffee you drink, you also need to drink a glass or two of water. This will stop you from getting dehydrated.
- Quit smoking- We know smoking causes irreparable damage to our health, and our skin is not spared either. It loads you with toxins, which makes your skin looks puffy, tired and lifeless.
- Avoid the harsh sun- You need your daily dose of Vitamin D, agreed! But it is going out in the sun at its harshest which can cause damage and make you look unduly fatigued.
- Get your health checked- If the fatigue does not go even after making these changes to your lifestyle, you need to get yourself checked by your doctor to rule out an underactive thyroid gland, anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, sleep apnea or other such chronic illnesses that can make you look tired and ill. A vitamin deficiency can also play havoc on your skin and hair. So sometimes seeking your physician’s help can make things right, before they go out of hand.
8 Best Face Packs to Pamper your Skin
Most people complain that they don’t have enough time to pamper their skin and they are so caught up with their lives that they keep postponing that customary visit to the neighborhood salon too. The end result is tired skin, and no amount of make-up can hide the fatigue lines. And we know that you are in no mood to invest a huge amount of money in skin treatments. Well, don’t worry! There are some amazing face packs for your skin, and what’s more is that they can be made from easily available ingredients in your kitchen. It’s the least you can do regularly to refresh the largest external organ of your body, that’s right, your skin!
- Banana and Honey Face Pack
Do you wish sometimes that your skin felt a little less tired and jaded like you haven’t slept a wink or have traveled miles without stopping for rest and repose? This glowing skin mask for dull tired skin can give your skin a fresh lease of life. The vitamin A in banana and essential enzymes found in honey can act as a shield against environmental pollution, giving you fresh brightened up skin.
Blend half a banana and add to it a teaspoon of honey. As soon as it dries, wash your skin with warm water and then cold water. Pat dry. Not only will the dryness disappear but your skin will feel fresh and revitalized.
- Coffee Mask
Sometimes it helps when you skip your brown brew to cut short on caffeine, but what happens when you utilize the very same for your pack? You get fantastic results! This is truly a pick-me-up pack. This is full of anti-oxidants and just right for your tired and listless skin.
Make a paste of one tablespoon of honey; five teaspoons of coffee and one teaspoon of olive oil and apply on your face and neck. After 30 minutes, wash off the facial mask and you will see lovely glowing and refreshed skin. Do this twice a week for best results.
- Curd and Fresh Cream Pack
Curd or yogurt is known for its varied usage in skin treatment. In fact, it can even be said that curd is a very skin-friendly food. Blend it with fresh cream, raw milk, turmeric powderand a few drops of lemon juice and your skin will never be the same again.
Combine plain curd, raw milk or fresh cream, rose water, turmeric powder and add few drops of lemon juice. Blend this natural face mask on your skin and let it stay for 10-15 min. Then gently scrub the mask off with water and give it an extra dose of freshness by applying rose water on your skin for instant revitalization.
- Saffron and Coconut Milk Pack
Saffron is a wonderful ingredient which has been used from times immemorial by queens and princesses to look beautiful and glowing on all occasions. It’s the best-kept secret of women who did not have to depend on chemical laden creams to pamper their skin. Fresh and natural ingredients were all they required to take care of their skin. Coconut milk is rich in essential oils, so it helps replenish your skin’s lost oils, which make your face looks dry and haggard.
Add a pinch of saffron to coconut milk and let it boil it for 5 minutes. When it cools down and thickens, apply it as a refreshing homemade face pack.
- Potato Juice, Lemon & Curd Pack
Potato juice is supposed to be very rejuvenating if you use it mindfully. The mild bleaching effect of lemon and the moisturizing effect of curd comes together to make a really potent pack. In fact, if you want to attend a party anytime soon, make sure you add this pick-me-up pack to your beauty regime. You will feel fresh and your skin will certainly thank you for it.
Squeeze a lemon into 1 tablespoon potato juice and add a tablespoon of curd to thicken it. This citrus face pack will drive away your tiredness effectively.
- Dead Sea Salt Scrub
Dead sea salt scrub has numerous benefits. It has got loads of minerals which help nourish the body. A scrub made of dead sea salt, olive oil or coconut oil should be a winner.
Mix a small palmful of dead sea salt with several drops of olive oil or virgin coconut oil and a few shavings of fresh ginger root. Ginger gives a warm energy below the skin, which activates blood circulation and boosts lifeless, tired skin. It can be particularly useful for those winter months when your skin looks parched and tired.
- Clay Mask for Oily Skin
This is the best face mask for tired skin. The minerals of clay help revive tired skin and the skin sports an unmatched happy glow. Since this tightens pores, it is best suited to people with oily skin.
Blend 2 tablespoons of clay powder with 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Add just enough water (or rose water) to make a smooth paste which can be applied evenly.
Apply on face and relax. You will have to wait for the clay mint mask to dry completely, which is about 15-20 minutes. Wash it off using a clean warm wet washcloth and warm water. Round off by splashing cold water to invigorate tired skin.
- Apple curd and Honey Pack
The more fruit you eat, the better your skin will be, and additionally also the more fruit you apply on the skin the better your skin will look. An apple with curd and honey keeps all tiredness at bay. Yes, it does sound improbable, but try it to get amazing benefits.
Grate half an apple into a bowl, mix a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of curd, till you get the right consistency. Apply it on your face and keep it there till it dries up completely. Wash off with cold water to reveal clean, refreshed skin.
Load up on these Vitamins and Supplements to Rejuvenate Skin
A healthy dose of these vitamins and minerals can revive your skin and make it glow with its innate luminosity.
- B-complex Vitamins are a great help to fuel the body and increase circulation when your energy dips. So add them to your everyday regime and enjoy its benefits. But always remember that when you are thinking of supplements, you need to consider consulting your doctor first.
- Curcumin helps improve mental clarity and alertness, and also helps revive your skin.
- Vitamin A is a great skin vitamin which helps minimize the production of excess pore-clogging skin cells.
- Supplement with zinc to aid cell repair and reduce inflammation.
- Antioxidants such as grape seed extract, Vitamins A, C and E help stall the aging process and the damages caused by free radicals.
So it’s no longer necessary to flaunt a tired skin face, you now know exactly what to do to revive your skin. Eating nutritious food, sleeping right and exercising are the three rules which you must follow at any cost, if you want to have radiant, beautiful skin. Start taking care of your skin today so that you can enjoy healthy, fresh and gorgeous skin for years together.